Thursday, April 25, 2013

Working With Your Strengths and Doing Something a Little Different

I have been praying a lot about what God wants me to do in this new season of my life. When you move, whether you like it or not, you are thrown into a sort of "defacto" new season. I think when my daughter goes to school in the fall, that will be an even NEWER season, but that's still a few months away. So, in a new season I am, and I'm wondering what in the world I can do with my life right now that is meaningful to me and the Kingdom (and yes, being a wife and a mom is meaningful, but God is calling me to do other things right now too).

For a while there (several weeks) I was looking at what I didn't have (i.e. a car, lots of extra cash, etc.) and what I couldn't do, but lately I've been praying about what I CAN do. And again, I'm lead to the internet.

I have been a little concerned with having a large presence online, especially for my daughter. So many people have access to personal pictures of my family, my personal thoughts, and a lot of my personal information (where I live, etc.). But when it all comes down to it, I set it up that way, so I can't complain about it. The world is the way it is (pretty evil) and other than remove myself from the web completely and pray, there's really not much I can do but be careful and watchful.

So after serious contemplation and prayer about whether or not to get offline completely, I have decided against it. The world needs Christians online. There's so much garbage on the internet...it makes my stomach turn to know some of the things you can do and see online, but as Christians, I believe we can counter it! We can pray and we can share THE WORD of GOD and the HOPE in JESUS CHRIST! So, I'm here to stay, but now, I'm EXPANDING!!!!!

As I have prayed, I've asked the Lord to show me where my strengths lie and how I can use them for Him and as a blessing to the Body.

Here's what I'm NOT going to do....

I'm not going to focus on how to keep a tidy house and offer organizational tips, because, that ain't my gift ya'll! ha!

I'm not going to blog about how to manage your finances and live a frugal life...not my strength either.

I'm not going to make this a "foodie" blog, although I may post recipes sometimes, because I enjoy cooking, but it's not my passion.

And while I may post encouragements on exercise and eating right (because I'm working on that myself right now), I'm not going to school you in those areas. Again, not my strength (for now).

But here is what I AM going to do...

I am going to offer to pray for you (look for a link to the right to post prayer requests).

I am going to be an encouragement to you.

I am going to start making videos (something new for me) that offer my insights on the Bible and living the Christian life and whatever else I decide to talk about.

I am going to write posts that speak honestly and openly about my struggles as well as my victories.

And I am going to sing!!!! If not for anyone else, as a praise to Jesus!

So, instead of focusing on what I DON'T have to be able to minister to people, I'm choosing to focus on what I DO have, which is the internet, and I'm gonna work the heck out of it for the Kingdom of God! ha!

Stay tuned!!!! And if you have prayer requests, please leave them in the comment section below, or email me... angieacapella@gmail.com

Blessings to you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!