Friday, April 26, 2013

Supporting a Brother in Christ in His Music Ministry

Tonight I went to hear my bro in Christ, Elijah Rogers sing at a venue/ministry called KYOVA. He was really amazing! It's important to me to support my friends, so every chance I get to be there for them, I will!



Elijah and I sang together in our former group Crossfire. But, due to my moving, and his living so far away to begin with, we both stepped away from the group. It was a tough decision to make, but one that was best for me and my family. He jumped right back into singing, moving forward with recording a solo CD and booking places to sing like crazy! Me, on the other hand, I've been much more cautious. When you're a wife and a mom, those obligations take priority, so I haven't wanted to do anything that would be a hardship on my family. We've had enough stress, what, with the my husband's job loss and the move and all. I just want to be careful, that's all...do things in God's perfect timing.

But back to Elijah and KYOVA. First of all, Elijah really shines as a solo tenor. He has a very unique testimony (he has a child with autism and is a very young husband and father) and shares so beautifully how God has "brought him through the fire" many times. He gets the crowd going and really ministers...that is truly a gift (check out his website HERE)!

And I just love KYOVA, which stands for "Kentucky Ohio Valley Association" (I think). It is a ministry that provides a place for Christian folks to go every Friday night to enjoy food, fellowship and music. Each Friday night, they have a crowd of around 200 or more! It's incredible! Sometimes it's standing room only!!! The dinner is around 5 bucks and the entertainment is free. They give away door prizes and everyone just has a good time hanging out. I think it's just great. Every little town needs a ministry/venue like that to give folks a place to get out of the house and enjoy the company of others.



I sure enjoyed a night of good ol' gospel singin' and the company of these brothers! Me, Pastor Dale (Elijah's pastor from their church, Lighthouse Baptist in Shelbiana, KY...man, they are gettin' people saved and baptisin' like crazy over there!) and Elijah.

And the dinner they served! UH-MAY-ZING! I was expecting a hot dog or a burger, but they had full-on soup beans, fried potatoes, kraut, cornbread and home made cobblers and pies. It was incredible (thanks Pastor Dale for dinner!). I highly encourage you, if you live in the Huntington/Ashland area to check it out (take your grandparents...they'd love it!).

And have Elijah Rogers come sing at your church or event sometime. You will be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!