Monday, January 17, 2011

Salad and Water



ARE DIVINE!

There's nothing yummier (especially when you're in the mood for it) than a big plate of salad and a big glass of ice water to wash it down.

I've always loved salad, even as a kid, but don't eat it nearly enough. I have one of those weird memories...you know, the kind that sticks with you throughout all eternity for one reason or another? Anyway, many years ago I saw an interview with Jennifer Aniston when she was right in the thick of her "Friends" fame. She was saying that she was a creature of habit and that her routine never varies much. She said that during the filming of "Friends," she had eaten the same Cobb Salad every single day for like 5 years! She said some days she may vary it and tell them to add cucumber, or no bacon today or whatever, but yeah...the same salad everyday. She said something to the effect of, when she found something that worked for her, she usually just stuck with it. I believe she's a famous, "low or no-carb" kinda girl, so I can see why she would say a Cobb Salad works...except for the veg, there's hardly any carbs in it at all. And it's a really satisfying meal.

I don't think I could eat a Cobb Salad every day, but I do enjoy it and made one for myself tonight, minus the avocado and chicken.



Mine had iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber, boiled egg, crumbled bacon, salt, pepper and blue cheese dressing.

Now, I'm going to have a slice of pizza! HA!

2 comments:

  1. HI Angie,

    Maybe water is the secret to staying full? I have been having salads with protein added in and I am ready to eat my laptop. STARVING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart salads! I am still cracking up about your comment on my blog.."that's a lot of fiber".lol Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!