Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sin in a Cup

So I was perusing Heather's blog at Want What You Have, and saw this cool looking recipe for a chocolate cake made in a coffee cup, baked in the microwave. I thought I would give it a try (if you want the recipe, go here) because it only took 3 minutes to make and I had all the ingredients on hand.

I found my prettiest (and biggest) mug; a fun, pink and white polka dot one that makes me smile every time I use it. So, I thought it would be just awesome if there was a great chocolate cake baked inside! Well, it was fun watching the cake rise up in the microwave.


And it tasted really good! Maybe a little dryer than what I'm used from a box cake mix, but great if you want a good chocolate fix, which is just what I needed (three letters, PMS). But the cake was just too plain. I thought it needed a little something. As I scrounged the cabinets and the fridge, I began adding more and more and more to that simple chocolate cake-in-a-cup began to morph into something altogether different.





It became this chocolaty, fudgy, caramely, nutty, ice creamy THING that just OOZED sinful decadence. Way over the top!

But I ate it anyway!



I mean come on...could you resist?

I also wanted to mention a fun little giveaway at Creative Home Expressions. She's giving away items from her sister's ETSY shop. Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. It's me...I just wanted to apologize for some of the grammatical errors in this post. I didn't proofread it very well...but you forget all about that when you see that dessert don't you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD...I am heading over right now, if you will share that delicious looking creation! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT looks amazing!
    One of my friends emailed me this cake in a cup-I so want to make this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMM!!
    I will be right over LOL

    I have an award for you at my blog!

    Blessings
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!