Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What Makes You Smile? Wednesdays

Finding money in unexpected places makes me smile! You know that feeling when you reach into the pocket of a coat you haven't worn since last February, and find a $20 bill! Doesn't that make you smile? Anyway, that happened to me today...sort of.

Things are a little tight right now with my husband starting a new job and all (you know, they hold you back a week or two before they pay you). I've had a certain amount to work with until he gets paid tomorrow and comes home (he's already started his job in a new town), and am down to a measly dollar! As I was cleaning up all the stuff my 16 month old daughter pulled out of my wallet, I found a Wal-Mart gift card I had forgotten about that I had gotten at one of her baby showers. I remember using it a time or two for things for her, but had forgotten it was in there. And I forgot to mention that we were completely out of milk for her!

So, I went to Wal-Mart just on the off chance there was still some money left on the gift card so I could buy milk for the baby. So, I went back to the dairy case and got only a half gallon, just to stay on the safe side. As I approached the check-out and the lady started to scan it, I handed her the card and timidly asked, "Could you check this first to see how much is on it, it's potentially the only money I have." So she swiped it, and said, "It has $10.34." I was soooo shocked! But I shouldn't be, God takes care of His kids and provides just when we need it most! I was worried for nothing! So I checked out and went home with my half gallon of milk, smiling all the way!

I just realized that this could be a "Thankful Thursday" post too, because I'm thankful that the God is our provider and He is immensly good!

So now that I've figured out what's going on with my computer and have got it working correctly, I believe I could upload house pics and show them tomorrow (Thursday) instead of a "thankful" post. Ya'll dont' mind do ya? Didn't think so! Stay tuned.

So, What made you smile today? And/or, what are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!