Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Singing for the Lord

I was invited to sing at a luncheon for the Christian Women's Connection in Loudon, TN a few months ago. I gladly accepted, as I NEVER get to sing for people anymore. The theme was patriotic, which is right up my alley! I'm not sure why, but my voice lends itself very well to Christmas music and patriotic music. So today, I sang "God Bless America" and "His Eye is on the Sparrow." They were a bunch of sweet ladies, and the lunch at the Tellico Yacht Club was delicious. That may have been the best lasagna I've ever had! Anyway, everyone seemed really pleased with the performance, and I had many requests for a CD. It's so frustrating to never have one available for people! I've been trying to record a complete project for over 10 years! I guess what holds me back is the cost, the time and my perfectionism. I want it so perfect, that if I can't have it that way (the perfect musicians, the perfect songs, the perfect take, the perfect packaging, etc. etc.) I just won't do it at all. Perfectionism can be debilitating and keep us from what God really wants for us. I know He just wants me to do record the thing already. He will take care of the rest. I've slowly come to trust Him, but now the "mountain" in the way is the money issue! As a stay at home mom, I can only record as I can afford. And those times are few and far between. I trust God for the money...I mean He owns the cattle on a thousand hills! But I guess my patience is what trips me up. I want $3,000 to fall into my lap now! Well, there'd be nothing wrong with that, but until then I guess I will just keep doing what I'm doing...trusting God. Forgive me if it seems like I'm whining. But sometimes kids whine to their parents and I whine to my Daddy sometimes too. But isn't He a sweet and patient Father? He just says, "Be still."
Anyway, I was so happy getting to sing today. I thank God that He gave me this special gift that blesses people. I will keep using it for Him as long as He leads and provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!