Saturday, August 3, 2013

What Do My Dreams Mean?

Have you ever had a dream at night and for some reason you just knew it wasn't by chance...that it meant something? Was it a warning about someone or about an event or was it so vivid and so real that it shook you from your sleep and stayed on your mind for days to come? Or was your dream so powerful that it called you to action of behalf of someone else, or for yourself? Could it be that it wasn't just an accident but meant to be a help to you, or to someone else?

For the past year, I have been having some really vivid, out of the blue, strange sort of dreams. Well, I always have had crazy dreams, as most of you probably have, but I guess what I mean is over the course of this year, I've started to take notice. So much so that I've sought out Biblical teaching on the subject of dreams and have found some great and helpful information (video below).

I believe that God can speak to us through our dreams; give us warnings, alert us to unresolved issues in our hearts, and even give us clues to the future.

The only problem is, how to know what is what?

How do you know when a dream isn't just the effects of the spicy pizza you had the night before, or if it really is a message from the Lord?

The answer is faith. 

The world may tell us that our dreams are meaningless or to blow them off, but the Bible says otherwise. If you could ask Nebuchadnezzar if his dream was meaningless or just some bad hummus he ate the night before, I bet you could guess the answer! (Read the book of Daniel chapters 2-4)

Lately (albeit through very sleepy eyes, and a clumsy pen) I've had the faith to actually write down my dreams, and they are speaking volumes to me (your heart has a tendency to do that when you pay attention to it). A couple of those dreams I believe are warnings, or prophetic in nature, and others seem to me like a little knock upon the doors of my heart with a quiet voice saying, "Your heart needs special attention and prayer work done here." 

The Bible says in Proverbs 4...

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; 
for out of it are the issues of life."

All the issues of life are seeping out through the heart and into our dreams. So wouldn't it be worth the investment to pay attention to and write down what the Holy Spirit is speaking to you at night through your dreams? 

Proverbs 4 also says,

"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life."

Dreams are the heart's way of taking care of business while we sleep. These verses mean many other things, don't get me wrong (a WEALTH of knowledge in these verses!), but with regards to dreams, I believe they're simply saying, that paying attention to what's going on in the heart is very important, because everything that has to do with you is flowing out from it. Remember what Jesus said, "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks?" (Luke 6:45) Well, apply it to your dreams as well, "Out of the abundance of the heart the mind dreams." Just keep in mind that when it all comes down, the heart is responsible for everything that's going on with you from what you say, to your actions and even to your dreams. 

This teaching from the expert on prophetic dreaming, Mark Virkler, on the Sid Roth program is excellent! He teaches you how to accept your dreams by faith, to pay attention to them and  how to work along with the Holy Spirit in prayer to interpret them. I encourage you to watch and take notes!!! It will be an encouragement to you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!