Monday, June 3, 2013

THE BOMB, MUST TRY! My Low-Carb Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Linking up with "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Meme)

I am making my home sing today by taking care of this house's CEO, ME!!!! And I'm linking up with Mom's the Word's "Making Your Home Sing" Meme.

Today I'm taking care of myself and my health by doing some home cookin' that is healthy, low-calorie and low-carb! 

I have been craving Chinese food for days, but wouldn't dare step into a Chinese restaurant right now.

Carbs, carbs everywhere!

I'm on a VERY restricted carbohydrate regimen (read more here) and I'm doing GREAT (down 9 lbs in 8 days on the Induction Phase of the Atkin's Diet).

So I decided that lettuce wraps with an Asian inspired chicken filling would satisfy my craving AND IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!! And the peanut dipping sauce I made took it to a whole 'nother level honey! 

I'm not kidding...this recipe is THE BOMB!!!! You HAVE TO try it!!!

The carb count for the ENTIRE recipe, including the peanut dipping sauce is 10-11 carbs. And the recipe makes 8-10 lettuce wraps. So each wrap is between 1- 1.5 carbs each. INCREDIBLE! I  had 4 for lunch! :)


To make the peanut dipping sauce mix together...

1 tablespoon regular peanut butter (3.5 carbs)
1 teaspoon Pampered Chef Asian Seasoning Mix
1 green onion (whites only) finely minced
1 tablespoon cilantro finely minced (don't even make this if you're not going to use cilantro...it makes the recipe!)
1 tablespoon lite soy sauce (3 carbs per tablespoon)
1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar (4 carbs per every 3 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 packet of Splenda
2 tablespoons of hot water

Mix all ingredients together with a whisk. Be sure to use hot water so that it melts the peanut butter and makes the sauce smooth and creamy. If you don't have seasoned rice vinegar, use lime juice to give it a Thai kick. I was weirded out by using Splenda in a savory recipe, but I can't even taste that it's faux sweetener...it tastes like sugar to me!


Now for the chicken filling....lots of veg here!



Asian chicken filling recipe....

1 baked chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper (I used one I had already prepared in advance)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped cabbage
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro (again...don't skip this! It makes the dish!)
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon Pampered Chef Asian Seasoning Mix
1 packet of Splenda
1 tablespoon of veg oil
salt and pepper to taste
*But, if you can spare the carbs, I recommend you use soy sauce. It is 3 grams of carbs per tablespoon, so go easy!

Add oil to a hot pan and add all prepared ingredients. Since the chicken is already cooked, you'll only need to stir fry for a few minutes until the cabbage is crisp/tender and everything is warmed through.




So sad. I used up all my Pampered Chef seasoning. :(


Next, carefully pull off ice-berg lettuce leaves, add a tablespoon or so of the chicken filling and wrap. It won't be perfect, but who cares! It will taste amazing!


These were so good, I even took a minute from stuffing my face to make a video, messy hair and all! ha! Check it out....




I really hope you try this recipe...for real. It's so good! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!