Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday: God Works His Plan!

I got a little emotional today.

It occurred to me that just 9 months ago we were in a time of despair when my husband lost his job. I am a stay-at-home-mom, so we had no other income and it's an understatement to say that we were worried. Fear can sometimes grip you when you face the unknown. But when you know Jesus, the unknown is a lot less scary because you know He does know and He loves you, so you rest in that.

During the first 6 months with no income (except unemployment benefits), God really took care of us. We had a place to stay, food to eat, a car to drive, clothes, heat, water...all our needs were met. No one got sick, everyone was healthy and we even had a good Christmas.

Little did my husband know when he first lost his job that plans were being made and ground was being broken on a brand new hotel in another state, and that someone had HIM in mind to run it (because when he first met the owners of this company a year prior, they were impressed with him and told my husband to see them first if he ever found himself without a job). So when he walked into their offices, they were overjoyed to see him and snatched him up immediately! God was working it all out behind the scenes and we had no clue! So cool!

So that's why I got a little emotional today. I looked at where we were and where we are now and was filled with gratitude! My husband has a great job with a great company. And it occurred to me that the building of the hotel he will be managing is kind of like a metaphor for our own life.

The owners first had a dream! They drew up plans. They broke ground. They started building. Building this hotel has not been without it's struggles. There have been thefts, bad weather, setbacks, problems, but with perseverance and with a lot of hard work and sweat, they will very soon have a finished, operational hotel!

It's the same with us....

God had a dream....ME! He drew up the plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11), He broke the good ground of my heart and He started building! The process is not without struggles and hardships, but God keeps working His good plan for His best for my life. And one day, His will will be perfected in me! My job is to just be obedient to Him, love Him, put Him first, relax and He will work His extravagant plan for my life. 

Take a look at some of these pictures....


This was taken in February...just 3 months ago. So much has been done since then!



Yesterday tons of  supplies were delivered for the big opening in a few weeks...



The hubs was even recruited to run the forklift to unload pallets from the tractor trailer! He had never done that before in his life! But it had to be done, so he jumped right in and got the job done. 




It's coming along so well! 


Now look at it! Nearly complete!
Everyone is working so hard right now trying to get everything together.


God, thank you for your tremendous blessings! Forgive me for ever doubting You! Please just keep me teachable so that You can work Your extravagant plan for my life! 
I can't wait to see what You build! 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!