Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another Pantry Challenge!

Since we'll be moving in a few weeks, I decided to clean out my pantry and toss the things that just needed to go and use up everything else. There won't be any "buying in bulk" this month, I'm just going to grocery shop for what we need and leave it at that. Who wants to move a bunch of canned goods and boxed cereal? Not me.

So here is my menu for the week using up what we have. I will need to get a few perishables like eggs, milk and butter, but other than that, I'm getting creative and looking online for inspiration!

The breakfasts and lunches will be pretty much the same every day.

For breakfast we usually have the same few things every day which are...

*scrambled eggs, toast, egg in a hole (an egg and slice of bread cooked together in a pan), oatmeal, french toast, pancakes.

and for lunch we usually have...

*soup, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grilled cheese, or sandwiches made with lunch meat (in this case, I need to use up a package of ham), and green salads

But for dinner, we always have something different.

Sunday (tonight):

Dinner: Baked Pork Chops (leftovers from a large pack that I froze), pinto beans, corn bread (this is the kind of food I grew up with!)

Monday:

Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers (recipe HERE), crinkle cut fries

Tuesday:

Crockpot Super Garlic Chicken Legs (we have a giant pack of these, so some I will bake for a recipe later in the week and the rest I will use for this crockpot recipe... HERE), cornbread dressing, sweet corn


Wednesday:

Thin spaghetti with tomato sauce, green salad, garlic toast

Thursday:

Lemon Chicken,  Rice, Stir Fried Vegetables

Friday:

Eat Out!

Saturday (grocery shopping):

Cheese burgers w/ fries

Sunday:

Roast Chicken w/ mashed potatoes w/ gravy, green beans, corn on the cob and rolls

(If I remember, I will try to post pics of our dinners this week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!