Thursday, October 4, 2012

Are We There Yet? Day 4: What I Know Now...Seasons Change

I am joining in today with Sarah Mae's Thursday link-up, "What I Know Now" .

What do I know now that I maybe didn't know for sure before? I know now that

Season's do in fact change....

picture taken from http://picture-book.com/content/seasons-1


For the past 4 years, my family has been in a season of...oh, what can I call it?

Just.
HARD.

Dealing with finances (or lack thereof) has been hard...

Our marriage has been hit hard...

Being confronted with our own sin has been hard...

People hurting us has been hard...

Moving and job changes has been hard...

And learning to completely trust God over everything else has just been really hard...

But seasons don't last forever and we are finally seeing the season change from hard to "not so hard."

I dare say, "easy," because life is never easy. But I believe we are entering a season of finally enjoying some of the fruits of our labors and God's reward for our faithfulness. He does actually reward you and bless you. If you think life is nothing but doom and gloom, then you don't know God. He loves His people and enjoys blessing them. Don't you love to reward your children? Not because they deserve it, but just because you're completely and utterly, madly in love with them! Sometimes you can't help but shower your affection and gifts on them. How much more does our heavenly Father love us?

We sooo don't deserve His favor or blessing, but that's what's beautiful about God. That while we are so undeserving, he showers us with love and blessing. I mean, He gave us His own son to pay the penalty for our sin and die in our place.  Now that is a gift!

So how do you know you're in a new season?

Well, the answer is, you see very obvious changes. How do we know that the summer is coming to an end and autumn is waltzing onto the scene? The temperatures go from blistering hot to cool and comfortable. The leaves on the trees turn from vibrant green to red and gold and brown and orange and they begin to fall. The days are shorter, the animals act differently, everything is just, changing and everyone can see the evidence of it.

That's how I'm feeling now. All the signs point to us coming out of the season of "hard." Our way is being made straight, I'm seeing quick turn-arounds in our finances. Just when I think things couldn't get any worse (I mean, we've had ZERO income for nearly 2 straight months), God quickly makes a way. Our marriage is stronger than ever, we are more confident about the path we're on in our careers and about the direction for our ministry. Everything is just changing and we see the evidence of it.

I think I knew about the seasons of our lives, but I hadn't actually been aware of it as I was going through it. And 4 years is a pretty long time to be in a season, ya know? You can just feel as if that is meant to be your life, when in fact, it's just a season that will change as soon as God sees fit and we're ready.

Just as spring changes to summer,

and summer to fall,

and fall to winter,

and winter to spring,

and over and over again, in an eternal round,

so our Father turns the seasons in our lives. 

I am so thankful for such a loving, gracious amazing God. Thank you for this new season with all the blessings and bounty You have in store for us! You are a good God. :)


(reminds me of this song [one of my all time FAVORITES!] 
from the movie version of Charlotte's Web)


 "How very special are we!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your season is changing for the better. I've been inspiired by you praising God for each miracle in your journey, instead of focusing on the negative. Just like the leftovers gathered from the fishes & loaves after everyone was filled, God doesn't waste anything. He'll use your trials turned to testimony to bless others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!