Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Day of Mindless Eating

Do you ever have those days when you just eat, and eat, and eat, and eat.....and eat some more? You really don't even think about it, you just stuff your face full of food? Sadly, I have those days more times than I'd like to admit.

Today on facebook I posted that I'd had a nice lunch of salmon, and that I had a really great apple for a snack later this evening, but as I reflected on this, I realized the picture I painted was one of health and good choices. But looks are often deceiving.

Yes, I did have salmon and apples today, but I also had a LOT of junk. I began to think, "You big faker! You need to tell the truth!" ha!

So, in an effort to "keep it real," because I HATE hypocrisy and being fake with you and myself, I decided to put it all out there...to let you see what ELSE I've eaten today.

If you read this blog, you know that eating too much is one of those nagging issues I have yet to do real work on...but I will.

Because I'm not satisfied, in Christ, with less than His very best for me, which includes taking care of myself. With His help, I know I can do anything. I know it.

But today, I didn't take care of myself, I stuffed myself.

Here's what I ate...

Morning- 
A few sips of coffee with cream and sugar
A bottle of water

Noon- 
Arby's Junior Roast Beef w/ Cheddar
Small Pepsi
large apple

Afternoon- 
A handful of potato chips
a handful of cheese crackers
2 cups of Coke
serving of broiled salmon
a spoonful of leftover au gratin potatoes
half a bottle of water

Evening-
Another handful of cheese crackers
2 more cups of Coke
bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats

Late Evening-
another handful of potato chips
Butterfinger candy bar
large apple

I know...

YUCK.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we all have those days. I think mine was last Sunday (of all days). I said to Scott, "Honestly, as soon as I'm finished eating, I'm hungry again." I blame it on hormones, which is exactly what I blame everything else on. ha ha Every day is a new day and a chance for a do-over. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!