Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hulk Sized Prayers!

My husband got these "hulk hands" a few years ago, though I'm not sure why...just a guy thing I suppose. Have you seen these things? They are pretty cool. When you put them on and hit something, they make a loud growling sound, or they roar, "Hulk smash!" They're big, fun and make you feel kind of powerful.



So, the hubs thinks I'm crazy, but I recently said that I wanted to get them back out and start using them to do battle in prayer...to beat up on the devil!

Maybe wearing hulk hands during my prayer time is a little crazy, but beating up on the devil in prayer is not. He has been beating up on me after all, and he doesn't fight fair. He hits us when we're the most vulnerable and his blows can very well knock the wind out of us. They've even taken me out a few times.

But over the years, I've heard lots of great teaching on the subject, which I never fully grasped before.
I do in fact have an enemy who seeks to destroy me and any good plans God has for me.

Recently the enemy has been attacking my marriage and my family, the one area I thought was solid. But that's what I get for thinking. I should know that in the enemy's playbook, everything is fair game.
But like I said,

he doesn't fight fair.

So, neither should we.

But how do we fight the devil, our enemy?

Unfortunately, Hulk hands aren't going to do you any good,

but the Word of God, will!

Here are a few scriptures that will tell you who you're dealing with (a liar, a thief, a murderer, among other things), and some scriptures that tell you who YOU are (in Christ) and that you have ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY TO TAKE OUT YOUR ENEMY!


2 Corinthians 10:3-5 "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight withare not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."


Ephesians 6:16  "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."
                    
1 Peter 5:8-9 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith ..."

1 John 5:4-5 "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith ..."

        

Ephesians 6:10-11 “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the Devil’s schemes.”


Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord..."

Malachi 4:3 "And you shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts."

Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Romans 8:38-39 "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers ... nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

James 4:7 " ... Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

1 John 4:4 "You ... have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."




Take that devil!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!