Friday, May 6, 2011

Some Really Great Unexpected Deals at Kroger Today

Great day visiting the grocery store today. I had no intention of getting the things I got (I only went there for butter), but it seemed sort of meant to be...cuz I got some GREAT DEALS!  

I still haven't finished my weekly grocery list for Kroger, but I'm going to try to keep it at under $60 for the week. Kroger has a LOT of deals that I could use with my coupons, but I'm going to focus on getting meats this time around because they have some great prices this week and I'm stocked in other areas. 

But I was walking around and saw this angel food cake on sale for $0.99. 

  Great deal right???

I just had to get it, but I was worried it was going to be stale. So I thought, what better to moisten it up a bit but some strawberries? I wasn't after those either, but I decided to check the prices Kroger had on them this week. As I made my way over, the sign above the strawberries said, $1.66 but when I got to them, they all had stickers that said, $0.99!!!! 

  (sorry it's a little blurry)

I couldn't believe it! So I picked up five quarts. One for the angel cake, one for snacking and the rest for freezing.


 And the best way to slice them? The Pampered Chef Egg Slicer Plus. I don't think it's called that anymore. And I know it's redesigned (I have the old-school one). But it's one of my all time favorite kitchen tools! So quick and easy!
 



 And look at how perfect the slices are.
LOVE IT!

I also got a roll of Scotch brand packing tape that was on clearance for $1.36 and I had a dollar off coupon! CHEAP!

So, while I only intended to get butter, I came away with so many more GREAT DEALS! So blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I love strawberries!! Great deal. I bought them at Kroget this week but for the $1.66 which is still a pretty good deal. I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and they were over $3!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!