Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pig Lickin'

I'm not sure if anyone other than those up the holler in my tiny neck of the Appalachian Mountains knows what "Pig Lickin" even is? I'm not sure how it got it's name either. Some folks call it "Pig Lickin' Good" cake, but whatever you call it, it's just that...GOOD! All I do know is if this cake is anywhere near a potluck or a church social, it will be gobbled up in no time flat!

It's a really easy cake to make with a yellow cake mix, pineapple, mandarin oranges, french vanilla pudding and cool whip. I'm making two for the Christmas dinners that I'll be attending.


Mmmmm, I can't wait!



Pig Lickin' Cake




1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 c. oil
1 can mandarin orange segments

Mix cake mix, eggs and oil. Add chopped orange segments and juice. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

TOPPING FOR PIG LICKIN' CAKE

9 oz. Cool Whip
Sm. instant french vanilla pudding (add dry)
1 sm. crushed pineapple

Mix all ingredients and spread over cooled cake.



1 comment:

  1. Us folks over here in the hollers of Tennessee know all too well what a 'Pig Lickin Cake' is! I've eat 'em and I've made 'em and I like 'em! They're pig lickin' good any which a way you can get to 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!