Friday, June 26, 2009

A Little Something Blue

I was so curious a few weeks ago when I pulled in the driveway and saw something blue laying next to the driveway. Thinking it was a piece of trash, I went over to pick it up. Low and behold, I discovered it was half of a little robin's egg shell! I don't think I could've been more excited if found a ten dollar bill! Truly it was a treasure to me. It was so fragile and delicate, and I imagined that maybe even a few hours before a tiny little baby robin was pecking it's way free. I looked around for the other half, but couldn't find it. I marveled at the awesome color of this shell. The first thing I thought of was my "little blue box" from Tiffany's. I dug it out and compared the colors and they are EXACTLY the same. Luckily, the very next day my husband came in with the other half of the shell that he found in the yard. This little fellow volunteered to pose for a comparison picture. My camera does not do this gorgeous blue justice, but you get the idea.

I plan on buying some polyurathane to spray on the shell to harden it some. It's just way too delicate to handle without a sealer or something on it. Then I want to find a realistic looking nest and glue my little bird and the shell in it (although I don't think this guy is a robin...oh well). I'd like to display it in a cloche or something. Wouldn't that be pretty?




The next blue thing I wanted to post was my blue-eyed baby girl loving on her cuddly little blue Eyore. Notice her red nose. She took her first tumble face first down a couple of stairs and skinned her little nose. I wanted to cry more than her!


Daddy with a sleepy GG. Isn't she cute!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little girl you have! She is adorable!

    This post reminds me so much of my sister. She found an empty robin's egg years ago and she still has it to this day. She displays it in a bird nest under a glass cloche. Very sweet.

    What did you do with your's?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!