Monday, March 19, 2018

My First Wig Video! Freetress Equal "Bailey" Wig

After my "faux hair" coming out party a few months ago, I have received so many questions about wearing wigs and hair pieces, which prompted me to make a video about wigs...but I'll get to that in a minute. 

First I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful support! The encouragement has been such a blessing to me and makes me want to share more! I have found that there is such a need for women to know that there are options to dealing with their natural (or unnatural) hair loss. 

Like me, you may have seen your hair disappear over time and maybe you've just accepted this as how it's just going to be! But thin hair with your scalp showing through doesn't have to be a life sentence if you don't want it to be. You can feel sexy and young and pretty again. I have, and I want that for you too! So, I made a video showcasing my new favorite wig! I hope you watch it and are inspired to try one for yourself. A lot of really good styles are relatively inexpensive, so if you don't like it, you aren't out a big investment.

Let's ditch the stigma and weirdness attached to wearing wigs! Let's embrace it like we have fake acrylic nails, false eyelashes, push-up bras and shape wear! We do a lot to look prettier and feel better about ourselves. 

We have come along way to looking at hair extensions as fun, normal and something we want to try. Why not start embracing wigs and toppers? Guys trust me! Hollywood has had this going on for decades! You rarely see a starlet or singer or performer who isn't sporting some sort of fake hair, be it toppers, wigs, extensions, or even hats with hair sewn into them! 

Jessica Simpson has been very open about her faux hair (including wigs) and created her own hair extension and halo line (so did Daisy Fuentes). 

I went to a conference and the key note speaker was Kathy Ireland. She came out in all her supermodel fabulousness...including big hair! Halfway into her speech, she informed the audience that her company was about to launch clip in hair extensions and halos. Then she proceeds to take them out of her own hair and show us right on stage, exposing her much thinner, shorter hair! Then she clips them back in to show how easy it was. I am willing to bet that every single woman at the conference wanted a pack of those extensions at that moment (I know I did!)!

If you've ever seen Beyonce' in a picture or on stage, she was probably wearing (and slaying) a wig!

Wendy Williams is famous for her wigs. And they always look beautiful.

Ever seen the movie, Maid in Manhattan with Jennifer Lopez? Remember the scene after her romantic night with the senator when she stands in front of the mirror with that sexy bedroom hair, remembering that she was back in the real world and had to go to work? She goes on to unclip a giant crown extension out of her hair and what do you know? J-Lo's hair's not so big and sexy after all. 

I remember Joan Rivers taking clip-in extensions out of her short bob and showing the audience on Fashion Police once.

And who can forget that Dolly Parton, Tina Turner and even Mary Kay Ashe (of Mary Kay cosmetics) wore wigs?! 

Ladies, quit feeling "less than" and get in on the fun! 

The common thread for all of these women is CONFIDENCE! You just have to have confidence and a "no apologies" attitude and you're good to go! 

You don't go around apologizing for your acrylic nails do you? Then don't apologize for your fabulous "faux" hair! 

So what are you waiting for? Go get you a wig!


  My First Wig Video!
Freetress Equal's "Bailey" in color OP27




I bought my wig at wigtypes.com. I ordered my wig on a Wednesday and it was at my door on Friday. Great prices and super fast shipping! I highly recommend them! :)

5 comments:

  1. Your means of explaining all in this paragraph is in fact pleasant, all can without difficulty know
    it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you people ever get bored of this site? Wow I didn't know I could
    discover your question until now :) I've just 4-5 friends right here who are
    energetic so I just come to virtually fulfill them.
    As I informed it's kinds distraction for me and I have so many gorgeous recollections
    attached with you friends. So it's my method to cherish them.
    Now I don't come... show more There's something fresh everyday,
    and various people to offer you advice ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Thhis blog looks ezactly like my old one! It's on a totally
    different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are worried about your falling hair, the first thing you need to do is to stop being worried about hair loss because being stressed is one of the causes of hair fall. What can I do to Stop my Hair from Thinning?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring. Do you have a video of how you make your toppers and extensions?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!