Thursday, December 30, 2010

10 Things I Love About My Daughter


Here are 10 of my favorite things about my baby girl! It's hard to narrow it down to just 10, because there's easily A MILLION things I love about my daughter, but here are some of the ones that stand out in my mind.

10. I love how her little toddler feet sound as she's running and stomping through the house. It's a "joyful noise" for sure!

9. I love her face...everything about it.




8. I love when she wants me to hold her. Now, after a full day of this, around 8 or 9pm, it starts getting old. But when she runs up and asks, "Hold you, hold you?!" It melts my heart, even if I do hear it a hundred times a day!



7. I love her tooshie. It's arguably one of the fattest baby bums I've ever seen and oh so squeezable! She definitely did not get this from me! But her little dimpled tooshie is sooooo flippin' cute!

6. I love her little turned up nose. It was such a surprise to see that nose when she came out, because it didn't look like anyone in my family. But it was a pleasant surprise because it is adorable!




5. I love it when sometimes she comes up to me unexpectedly, pats me on the shoulder or touches my face and says, "Don't worry mommy." She's only 2, so the fact that she's so intuitive amazes me. Because when she does that, it has often been something I needed to hear!

4. I love that she concentrates and can remember things so well. Just from playing with some of her little learning toys and from us talking about them from time to time, she could say and recognize all her letters and numbers by 20 months old. It was incredible! And from Dora and Kai Lan, she can say many words in Spanish and Chinese. We usually don't figure out what she's saying unless we happen to catch it on one of the shows. For example, she was always saying this word that sounded something like, "chee-cho" and we never knew what in the world she was saying. Until one day we were watching "Ni Hao Kai Lan" and they were talking about balloons and calling them, "chee-cho" (or the Chinese version of chee-cho). My husband and I looked at each other and said, "Ah, that's chee-cho...it means BALLOON!" We were amazed because she usually knows exactly what she's talking about, it's mom and dad that take a while to catch on! LOL

3. She is so funny and a performer. She sings, she dances, she twirls around, she likes to kid around and laugh. Being around her is uplifting!



2. She loves to lay in my arms like a baby, all wrapped up in her favorite "soff blayket" (that is actually MY pink Snuggie that's she's adopted as her own) and snuggle in quiet as a mouse (because babies don't talk!). I don't want her to get big! :(

1. And lastly...I love that I'm her favorite person. I don't know how long this will last. I hope I have endless years, but for now, I'm soaking in every minute of it! Sure, the literal hanging onto my legs when I try to walk because she wants to go everywhere I go, the crying when I leave the house without her, constantly wanting to be in my lap, wanting my undivided attention at all times can wear on me...and does. But I also know that this is a time to be cherished. I don't even want to think about the day when she doesn't want mommy as much but I know it will happen before I know it. So, for now, I'm going to enjoy being her favorite, because she's my favorite too.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I love this ... print it out and keep it for her OR better yet ~ create a card for her memory box!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!