Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for wonderful friends. I was just thinking today about what it means to be a "real" friend. I've always heard that sometimes when someone's circumstances change, so do their friends. I had never really experienced this until this year when I lost my job as a school teacher and could not find another one. Someone who I thought was one of my closest friends made the comment that I got to sit on my butt all day and draw unemployment while she had to go out and work. She seemed really angry at me instead of happy that this unemployment was a blessing (that I had to fight for) that would enable us to pay some bills and put some food on the table. Ever since then, she hasn't talked to me much or come around to see me or the baby. Funny how people put their own selfishness and judgements on others, even friends, when they don't fit their "ideals." I've never done anything to this woman, yet she continues to make comments about me being unemployed on public forums like facebook, to which I did not reply. It wasn't worth it!

So anyway, I'm thankful for those people who have no judgements or conditions for our friendship. I'm thankful for those people who exhort, pray for, call, write to, bless and encourage me. They don't want anything for me but happiness and they don't want anything in return. They do their best to make sure that I know I am loved! That's a real friend! And I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't checked my blog in a long time and just read all your comments. You are too sweet for words Angie!! I would love to share with you some blog tips. One of my favorite blog sites is thecutestblogsontheblock.com (I think that is the address) They explain how to change your background and other fun things. It took me a while to learn it all but once I got the hang of it it wasn't that bad. Thanks again for your kindness.
    About your old friend. . . It sounds like she needs someone to be praying for her. There is obviously some major bitterness in her heart and hopefully Jesus will show her his wonderful grace and help her work through it. Being able to stay at home with your child is a HUGE blessing and sadly not many people seem to understand that anymore. I'm proud of you for staying home and don't worry about what others say or think. You are so good at that, I know so pray for her and hopefully God will do some amazing work in her heart.
    Thanks again for your transparency and love. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True friends are so few and far between. What a blessing to have one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!