Sunday, August 30, 2009

Old Fashioned Sunday

Today was Old Fashioned Sunday at our church, and our official last day there (we're moving, but I'll tell all ya'll about that very soon). I got to sing praise and worship, which mostly consisted of old timey hymns and songs (too fun!). We also had a bluegrass gospel band come play and sing for us, which was pretty awesome. I love me some bluegrass...it's such happy music! Then our pastor preached a real old fashioned message...basically "hellfire and brimstone," and it was time to eat! They put together an old timey feast of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and all the country fixin's. Too bad we couldn't stay. GG was exhausted from being so darn cute all day and was throwing a mortal fit, pitching all that cuteness right out the window! : )

Folks were encouraged to dress up for the occasion. So, my mother made GG the sweetest little pioneer type dress complete with pantaloons and a bonnet! She was a doll! It has been a bittersweet day, but it was fun while it lasted! We'll miss all of our friends and church family at KCC! We love you!

GG in her pioneer girl dress...I think she'll be a little Laura Ingles for Halloween this year!
One of my "kids" and quite an awesome young lady, "stylin" as a hot pink Southern Belle!

My good friend Ron and baby GG lookin' all old timey!

2 comments:

  1. Right off Little House!
    Adorable!
    Good luck with the move too!
    I look forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a prairie dress and bonnet! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!