Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Church Garage Sale

I went to my church's garage sale for the youth a few weeks ago (I've been procrastinating about posting the pics) and found some fun things.

Again, I loaded my pics all wacky, so everything is backward, but this is a portrait of my baby, GG in a $2.00 matted frame. It originally had a bunny scene, which was perfectly cute, but I wanted a white frame for this picture and nice, heavy, matted frames are a pretty penny. But this one was only 200 (pennies...get it?).
Isn't she precious?

See, he's cute, but GG's cuter!

A white frame on a white wall, I know, not the best choice, but this room will eventually be light purple or green...I'm always thinking ahead!


Sorry about the blurry picture, but isn't this squirrel darling?

A FREE piece of McCoy pottery! A friend was walking in with a box for the garage sale and let me look through it first. She just gave it to me! I sort of collect the stuff, and my dad REALLY collects McCoy. It'll look great in my kitchen!

Another pic of the squirrel clock thingy. I'll have to replace the clock mechanism and the hands, and paint the wooden box it's in, but I just think it's so quirky and charming! And you can't beat a buck!

Not sure where I'm going to hang it yet...I'll save that for another day.

So, all this for $3.00! I looked it up and the McCoy pottery alone is worth $10.00. Pretty cool!!!

2 comments:

  1. Angie,

    the clock is darling and your daughter is so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, thanks so much for the visit and I love your happy home. The picture of the little girl is so pretty and I do like the white frame. I just took pictures of my grnad
    children in black and white and put in white frames. They will be surprise Christmas gifts for the parents. Never to early to start thinking winter...uggg Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I read and value each one of your comments, so type away! Blessings!